Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Catching up on the Wedding and Honeymoon

I think some updating is in order. Let's back up and talk about my wedding and honeymoon.


Wedding: a time for frivolity and real, happy tears. I never understood why we spend so much money and fret so (so, so) much about crushed, pink tablecloths until I arrived at the Salt Lake Temple on May 23, 2012. It really was the best day of my life. People said I wouldn't remember the details, but I think I do. We had cute straws... :) It was wonderful to see the two families so nicely integrated. I loved it! Also, and most importantly, Jeff and I and all our future posterity are sealed for time and all eternity. That's forrrrevvvverr. DO ALL THAT YOU MUST TO GET MARRIED IN THE TEMPLE. :) Just do it. It's so worth it.  I think one of my favorite parts was seeing my seven-year-old sister catch my bouquet and then head back again to catch the garter, bahahaha. A word about that, mmm, don't throw it from a balcony. I believe my bouquet picked up speed exponentially like a meteor about to hit the planet. Speeding mass of flowers careening through the Ivy House. Watch out.


I loved the whole thing. Weddings are awesome.


Honeymoon: the best darn sunburn you'll ever get. Turns out everyone on Earth knew I was going to Hawaii for my honeymoon, except me. Give that man a Klondike bar. I planned and packed for seven days in San Diego until we printed out our inventory at the airport. (!!!)


I was beyond excited and I almost used an airplane toilet (but I chickened out, for six hours).


It was all really fun. I swam by sea turtles, count'em, three times. Twice there was no one around but me, my hubby, and some algae-eating green sea turtles. Let me tell you what, turtle are exciting rocks. I hate to admit how bored I got watching them bask in the sun (for sooooo long) but they are really cute and interesting when they swim and eat, especially when you're not expecting to find one midst all the other things that look like rocks. I loved snorkeling except for the time this big scary eel swam under me, in five feet of water. It looked exactly like the one in the snorkel safety video with the caption, "some sea life may be hostile so keep your distance."


Eels. So creepy.
It probably wasn't that bad.


 Pretty sure I peed. In the ocean. Party foul. Anyway, eels aside, I love animals in nature and they were everywhere! I am sorry to say the only gecko I caught (one of my first goals set on the flight over) was a dead one. And I still took a picture with it to look cool. 


I also really liked when we were at Panda Express and Jeff said, regarding his fortune, "Claire, this is perfect for us today." It was. I cracked mine open and found the same one. Destiny!



We did get very, very sunburnt. Meh. It was funny- and painful- and now we are tan! We had a great time and props to Jeff for being such a champ when I asked him to ask the gift shop lady at the PCC if the display Christmas tree was for sale. Incidentally, it wasn't. Hahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment